Designing or renovating a bathroom is more time-consuming than any other room in the house. Therefore, careful planning is required so you can save both time and money in the process. Sadly, it is often too late when you realize that you made a mistake in installing bathroom fittings or designing your bathroom. Do not make the same mistake that other homeowners do.
Take note of these top 10 mistakes common in bathroom design and bathroom fittings installation:
1. Faulty Plumbing. What good is a beautifully designed bathroom when there are leaks on the floor or from the pipes? Do not waste the money you spent on tiles only to be destructed because you need to repair the plumbing pipes.
2. Accident Prone Flooring. When choosing a tile for your bathroom, choose the slip-resistant material. Choose unglazed tiles or pebbled floors to avoid accidental slips and ensure a safe bathroom for all.
3. Inadequate Storage. Make sure you have enough storage space within the bathroom for storing your bath essentials, towels, and cleaning materials or supplies. You can add a bathroom wall cabinet to neatly stow away these essentials.
4. Lack of Lighting. Proper and sufficient lighting is vital in the bathroom. Hence, the bathroom design should facilitate for natural lighting and should have reliable lighting fixtures installed.
5. Lack of Proper Ventilation. Aside from lighting, proper ventilation is a must in the bathroom. This will ensure a safe bathroom for your family. When there is lack of ventilation in the bathroom, it could encourage moisture and mold formation.
6. Misplaced Toilet. This is one of the worst bathroom mistakes homeowners could commit. Therefore, choose an ideal spot for the toilet to ensure that it does not block foot traffic. Ideally, the toilet should be placed far away from the door.
7. Using the Wrong Materials. You need to work with an expert designer to choose the right products for your bathroom installation. Choose a water-resistant material to ensure it will last for several years and won’t get damaged easily.
8. Lack of Spacing. Unless you have the luxury of having a large bathroom space, you want to plan the layout well. This will ensure that you have adequate space to work with inside the bathroom. Also, you have to make sure that the fixtures are properly positioned to avoid consuming unnecessary space.
9. Little Room for the Door. This is a common mistake when designing a bathroom and one that you should avoid. Make sure you can open and close the bathroom door without any obstructions in its way.
10. Not Planning Ahead. This is a major no-no when designing a bathroom. You have to conduct proper planning and research to ensure that the layout is executed well. If you can hire a professional to work on the plan, that is even better!
Whether you are remodeling or designing a new bathroom space, you want to get it done right the first time. Take note of the mistakes listed above when installing bathroom fittings and achieve your dream bathroom design. Check out http://www.tuckplumbtec.com.au/.